Study Abroad |
World Literature Emphasis
- Tufts foreign language requirement, though
the completion of a foreign language study up to the eighth
semester level (122) is highly recommended.
- National and ethnic literatures (6 courses)
The student must take six literature courses from at least three
different regions (e.g. 2 Japanese literature, 2 Anglophone
literature, 2 Middle Eastern literature).
- Visual arts or Film/Media (2 courses)
The student must take two courses in film/media or visual arts.
- Cross-cultural and/or gender-oriented literary,
film, or visual studies (2 courses)
The student must take two cross-cultural or gender-oriented
courses in literature, film/media, or visual arts, chosen from
the courses in section III.
See Courses Acceptable for the Major.
- One literary theory course
The student must take one course in literary theory course. ILVS
60 Intro to Literary and Cultural Studies is recommended. But
one may choose another class from section IV-A.
- One cultural theory course
One course from section IV-D.
- Honors Thesis or Senior Project
Major Degree Sheet for World Literature Emphasis >
|© 2020 Tufts University | Privacy