- At least one foreign language up to the eighth
- National and ethnic literatures (6 courses)
The student must take six literature courses, four in the
cultural area of the primary language and two in that of the
- Visual arts and/or film (2 courses)
The student must take two courses in film or other visual arts
(normally, one in the cultural area of the primary language, the
other in that of the secondary language), chosen from section
II-A or II-B of the course list that follows.
See Courses Acceptable for
- Cross-cultural and/or gender-oriented literary
studies (2 courses)
The student must take two cross-cultural or gender-oriented
literature courses in section III-A of the course list.
- One Literary theory
ILVS 60 Intro to Literary and Cultural Studies is recommended.
But one could choose a course from section IV-A.
- One Cultural theory
Choose one from section IV-D.
- Honors Thesis or Senior Project
Major Degree Sheet for ILVS Literature Emphasis >