Housing Assistance for Faculty

Tufts offers housing assistance for faculty members in the School of Arts & Sciences and School of Engineering.


Transitional Housing Program for New Faculty

The Transitional Housing Program helps full-time faculty in Arts & Sciences and Engineering find a place to live until they become familiar with the area and can make more informed decisions about where to live.


Rental Housing through Walnut Hill Properties

Walnut Hill Properties is a Tufts-owned corporation that manages university-owned real estate. It leases rental apartments and a few single-family houses near the Medford/Somerville campus.

For availability, email Walnut Hill Properties or call 781-391-5300. Be sure to identify yourself as a member of the Tufts community.


Off-Campus Housing Resource Center

The Off-Campus Housing Resource Center is primarily for students, but faculty may access it as well.

Resources include:

  • list of local realtors
  • online rental/real estate listings
  • resources for renters (typical rents, rights and responsibilities of renters, area resources, etc.)


Relocation Services

Tufts relocation services include:
  • moving arrangements with companies that offer preferential services and rates
  • assistance with rentals and purchases
  • mortgage service programs