Entry-Level Doctoral Program
The following materials should be included with your application.
Please contact Jill Rocca if you have any
questions about the application process.
- Official Transcripts: you may upload
unofficial copies of your transcripts when applying. Official
copies must be submitted if accepted.
all completed within 5 years post degree or 5 years prior to
matriculation. Must receive a B- or above.
- Three letters of reference: appraising
candidates potential for occupational therapy. At least one
should be an academic reference. Only two letters are required
for current Tufts students continuing directly on to graduate
- Shadowing/Volunteer hours: the number of
shadowing hours vary based on your own personal exposure to OT.
We highly recommend shadowing in more than one area of practice
and with more than one population (for example: mental health
setting and acute care or adults and pediatrics). Hours can be
documented directly on resume.
- GRE Scores: GRE scores are required for all
applicants except for current Tufts students continuing directly
on to graduate school. Scores must be submitted to code 3901
before the application deadline.
- Resume or CV: Updated resume or CV. You can
document your observation hours directly on your resume/CV.
- Personal Statement: Please give your reasons for deciding to do graduate work in
the field you have chosen. We are particularly concerned
that you cover these points (3 page maximum, double-spaced):
- What previous experiences and commitments have brought you to consider applying for graduate training?
- What are your chief objectives in applying now?
- How do you think this Tufts program will help you in the pursuit of your objectives and vocation?
- Writing Sample: The Tufts University Department of Occupational Therapy
values diversity in a variety of ways—life experiences,
personal identity, meaningful activities, ways of thinking
and communicating, and many other human and environmental
factors. We strongly believe that the unique backgrounds of
our student body helps to enrich the educational experience
of our program and the field of Occupational Therapy. Please
tell us about an aspect of your background and how you feel
this would enrich our program and the field of Occupational
Therapy. (2 pages max, double-spaced)
- Certificate of Hepatitis B: upon enrollment, you must send
documentation of your Hep B certificate directly to our
department. You may send to:
Department of Occupational Therapy
574 Boston Ave
Medford MA 02155
Attn: Bette Owen
Deadline for all Entry-Level Doctoral applications is