Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering
4 Colby Street, Room 226
Medford, MA 02155
Tel: (617) 627-2267
Fax: (617) 627-3991
Chongyang Wang, Ph.D. Student
2009 B.S., Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China
2009 B.A., English, Dalian University of Technology, China
Clean/Alternative Energy: Biofuels, Fuel Cells, Hydrogen Production
Studying synthesis and activity of nano-scale catalysts, particularly gold and palladium, on catalytically interesting supports for use in hydrogen producing reactions.
Awards and Honors:
2015 International Precious Metal Institute Student Award Honorable Mention
2013 AIChE/Catalysis & Reaction Engineering Division Student Travel Award
2012 Kokes Award for 23rd North American Catalysis Society (NACS) meeting
- Garbarino, G.; Wang, C.; Valsamakis, I.; Chitsazan, S.; Riani, P.; Finocchio, E.; Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, M.; Busca, G. "A study of Ni/Al2O3 and Ni-La/Al2O3 catalysts for the steam reforming of Ethanol and Phenol"
Applied Catalysis B (2015) 174-175., pp.21-34
- Wang, C.; Garbarino, G.; Wilson, F.; Busca, G.; Flytzani-Stephanopoulos. M. "Low-Temperature Catalytic Conversion of Ethanol to Acetone on Au/ZnZrOx Nanostructures" (2015); submitted.
- Wang, C.; Boucher, M.; Saltsburg, H.; Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, M. "Modified Zirconia as Gold Catalyst Support for Low-Temperature Methanol Steam Reforming" Applied Catalysis B 154-155 (2014) 142-152.
- S. Goergen, C. Yin, M. Yang, B. Lee, S. Lee, C. Wang, P. Wu, M. B. Boucher, G. Kwon, S. Seifert, R. E. Winans, S. Vajda, and M. Flytzani-Stephanopoulos,
"Structure Sensitivity of Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Cyclohexane over FeOx and Au/Fe3O4 Nanocrystals", ACS Catalysis 2013, 3, pp 529–539.
- Chongyang Wang, Ce Hao, "Adsorption and Vibration of Nitrogen Atom on Low-index Tungsten Surfaces,"
Liaoning Chemical Industry (Chinese) 37, 11(2008).
- Wang, C.; Saltsburg, H.; Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, M. "ZnO-Modified Zirconia as Gold Support for the Low-Temperature Methanol Steam Reforming Reaction", AIChE Meeting, San Francisco, CA (2013).
- C. Wang, H. Saltsburg, M. Flytzani-Stephanopoulos Modified Nanoscale Zirconia as Gold Support for the Low-Temperature Methanol Steam Reforming Reaction, to be presented (oral) at the 23rd North American Catalysis Society Meeting in Louisville, KY (2013).
- Wang, C.; Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, M. "Catalytic Steam Reforming of Methanol for Hydrogen Production", Spring Meeting of the New England Catalysis Society, MA (2012).