|The LGBT Center @ Tufts
The programs and services of The LGBT Center support the needs of
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students, faculty, staff and
alumni of Tufts University. The Center is available to anyone on
campus interested in learning more about LGBT-related subjects or
issues of sexual and gender identity. The Center is committed to
maintaining LGBT visibility on campus and providing campus-wide
education on sexual and gender identity and the effects of
homophobia and transphobia.
Our services include:
- Advocacy on behalf of LGBT students
- Counseling and referrals for students in need
- Student discussion groups for Queer Students of Color,
Transgender Students, Women, Men, and Bisexual Students – allies
are always welcome!
- Information about resources available to LGBT people on and
- Research assistance with topics relating to sexuality and
- A student speakers' bureau (Team Q)
- Trainings and workshops for faculty, staff, or student
- Email lists connecting interest groups
- Programming that reflects the diversity of Tufts students
- A relaxed space to hang out, study, and meet LGBT-friendly
The LGBT Center is part of the
Group of Six and works collaboratively with many groups on
campus, including the Dean of Students Office, the Women's Center,
the Asian American Center, the Latino Center, the Africana Center,
the Office of Residential Life and Learning, the Office of Campus
Life, the Hillel Center and the Tufts Chaplaincy.
Drop by the Center and enjoy a comfortable and safe space dedicated
to supporting and celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender
and queer identities.