Home |  About Us |  Coming to Tufts |  Immigration |  Taxes & Social Security |  Life at Tufts |  Programs & Orientations |  For Departments  

Immigration: Visa Categories

J-1 Students

J-1 student status will allow you to remain in the U.S. for the duration of your full-time academic program at Tufts. J-1 Students must have a substantial portion of their funding from a source other than personal funds. The spouse and dependent children of a J-1 student hold J-2 status and can usually obtain permission from to work in the U.S.

J-1 Visa Application

J-1 Visa Regulations