Home |  About Us |  Coming to Tufts |  Immigration |  Taxes & Social Security |  Life at Tufts |  Programs & Orientations |  For Departments  

Immigration: Visa Categories

H-1B Faculty & Staff

An H-1B temporary worker is defined as a person who will perform services in a specialty occupation. The H-1B classification is appropriate for those occupations that require "theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree in the specific specialty or its equivalent as a minimum entry into the occupation in the United States."

Not everyone is eligible for sponsorship in this category. For more information, please choose the appropriate link or contact the International Center.

H-1B Visa Application

H-1B Visa Regulations