Home |  About Us |  Coming to Tufts |  Immigration |  Taxes & Social Security |  Life at Tufts |  Programs & Orientations |  For Departments  


Visa Categories


The links below direct you to regulations and information for visas most commonly used by international students, scholars and faculty at Tufts.

For information about changing your status to attend a program at Tufts, please click here.

If you have questions about what visa might be best for you, please contact the International Center.

F-1 students  F-1 Students J-1 research scholars  J-1 Scholars
J-1 students  J-1 Students H-1B Faculty and Staff  H-1B Faculty and Staff


The list below is only a brief summary of other non-immigrant classifications available at Tufts and should be used for informational purposes only. If you will be coming to Tufts, you must first be in touch with your host school or department, and the International Center to ensure that you enter the U.S. in the proper status.

B-1 B-2 visa  Visitor / Tourist TN Category  Canadian and Mexican Citizens
O-1 visa  Extraordinary Ability or Achievement E-3 Category  Australian Citizens: Specialty Occupations