The Business Office is open:
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Please call our
staff at 617-627-3350 if you have a question and we are
The waiver site will open on June 1st at iSIS (Integrated Student Information System) under 'Request'
In order to make an informed decision on waiving or enrolling in
the insurance, please read the NEW
Insurance Information Flyer for 2013-2014 >
If you have comparable Health Insurance coverage which is accepted
in the state of Massachusetts, you can waive the Health Insurance.
Comparable Coverage Letter >
- The Absolute last date to waive the Fall Health Insurance will be
- The Absolute last date to waive the Spring Health Insurance will be FEBRUARY 1ST
- Any exceptions to this rule will have to Petition Directly with Insurance Company
Health Insurance Requirements:
The state of Massachusetts requires that all full time students
attending universities in this state have health insurance.
They further list minimum requirements for what insurance plans
do and do not qualify as comparable coverage.
It is very important that you understand what these requirements
are so that you can carefully plan and budget for these expenses.
As you prepare to attend Tufts University, rather than simply directing
you to the link for the state of Massachusetts Student Health Insurance
Plan information, we are highlighting in this letter the minimum requirements
of plans that will be accepted as well as what specific benefit levels
would be excluded from coverage.
- All plans must have a valid US address. International
policies cannot be accepted, according to state requirements
- Your insurance must cover care in Boston, Massachusetts (HMO's like Kaiser cannot be accepted)
- Your insurance must be for 12 months coverage and
provide evacuation and repatriation benefits
- Mental health benefits must be equivalent to Massachusetts
parity standards (at least 24 outpatients visits a year; unlimited
visits for biologically based conditions, and inpatient benefits
equal to medical inpatient benefits)
- Inpatient hospitalization coverage must be at least $500,000.
Please call us at 617-627-3349 or email us at
if you have any questions or concerns.