Faculty Searches |
Arts and Sciences Learning Objectives
Students graduating from Tufts University with a BA in History will
meet the following learning outcomes:
- Mastery of common historical research methods
- Ability to identify, locate, access and effectively use both primary and
secondary sources in research projects
- Ability to demonstrate, both orally and in writing:
- An in-depth knowledge of at least one historical field
- Understanding of chronology and causation, continuity and change.
- Knowledge of the historical contexts that influence cultures and ideas.
- Knowledge of, and appreciation for, regions and cultures other than their
- Knowledge of, and appreciation for, global diversity and interdependence
- Ability to construct an original and plausible historical argument and
craft a narrative that is a) grounded in both primary and secondary source
information, and b) logically and convincingly supports that argument.
- Ability to think critically and analytically about historical themes.
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey historical information orally
and in writing.
Back to main Learning Objectives page >
|© 2018 Tufts University | Privacy