Major in Child Study and Human Development
CSHD Major Requirements
- Two Foundational Courses:
Methods Course: CSHD 42: Inquiry and Analysis in Child Study and Human Development
Three Courses from within the same concentration
course offerings within the same concentration)
Courses that do not fit into these concentrations are considered electives.
- Concentration 1: Child and Family Health
- Concentration 2: Child and Family Policy
- Concentration 3: Children, Arts, Technology, and Media
- Concentration 4: Developmental Science
- Concentration 5: Language and Literacy
- Concentration 6: Atypical Development
- Concentration 7: Early Childhood Education
One Fieldwork or Research Experience (may be fulfilled by
two half-credit courses).
Three electives (Only ONE of the three electives may be a related fields course
taken outside the Child Study and Human Development department.
Note: no related fields course counted if the CSHD major's list includes
ASL 2 and ASL 3