First Year Writing |
News & Events
Department of English
6 The Green
Room 216, East Hall
Medford, MA 02155
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
B.A., Princeton University
- Nineteenth- and Twentieth-century British Fiction, especially James Joyce and Virginia Woolf
- Literary Theory: semiotics, deconstruction, psychoanalysis, phenomenology
- Media studies and the history of the book
- Roland Barthes
- The Death of the Book: Modernist Novels and the Time of Reading, Fordham
University Press, Spring 2016.
- "Literal Darkness: Finnegans Wake and the Limits of Print,
"The James Joyce Quarterly 49.3 (Autumn 2013): 675-791.
- "The Memory of the Book: The Particular Bodies of Daniel Deronda,"
NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction 46.3 (Autumn 2013): 438-452.
- "Sleeping with Proust: Affect, Sensation and the Books of the Recherche,"
New Literary History 42.1 (Winter 2011): 129-146.
- "Mediation and the Object of the Book: A Critical Response to Garrett Stewart,"
Critical Inquiry 37.2 (Winter 2011): 348-54.
|© 2020 Tufts University | Privacy