Jay Cantor, Director of Creative Writing
Ph.D., University of California,
BA, Harvard University
Please click here for Professor Cantor's Curriculum Vitae.
- English 9 – Writing Fiction: Intermediate
- English 13 – Writing Fiction: Advanced
- English 77 – The Modern Mind
- English 170 – Modern European Novel
- Great Neck, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, January, 2003. Paperback edition, Vintage Books, September 2004
- On Giving Birth to One's Own Mother, and other essays, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1991.
- Krazy Kat, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1988. Paperback edition from Vintage Books, January 2004.
- The Death of Che Guevara, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1983.
- Cuba Libre, adaptation of the novel by Elmore Leonard, Universal Pictures, 1998 Michael Siegel, Brillstein-Gray Productions, producers.
- American Tabloid, an adaptation of the novel by James Ellroy, for HBO Pictures, 1996. Denise de Novi producer.
- Hoover, a life of J. Edgar Hoover, for HBO Pictures, 1996. Shaun Daniels and Cottie Chub, Alphaville Products, producers.
- The Night Manager, an adaptation of the novel by John Le Carre, for Paramount Pictures, 1996. Sydney Pollock producer.
- "My Che," Sunday Boston Globe, October 2, 2004.
- "On the Blues," for First of the Month, February, 2004.
- "John Updike," BookForum, Fall, 2003.
- "Paul Simon," The New York Times, Arts and Leisure, September 12, 1993.
- "An American Dream," essay, The Nation Magazine, April 22, 1991 (volume 252, Number 15).
<< Return to Faculty & Staff listing