- "Yeshiva educators train with KIBO robots" In New Jersey Jewish News, January 21, 2015.
- "ScratchJr" In BestAppsForKids.com, December 16, 2014.
- "Looking To The Future, Cambridge Partnership Teaches Kindergarteners To Code" In WBUR Learning Lab, December 15, 2014.
- "Introduction to ScratchJr (iOS app)" In Making Things...Learning Things, December 11, 2014.
- "Coding for Kindergarten: Teaching Creativity and Problem Solving Skills to Early Learners" In edWeb.net, October 8, 2014.
- "New app teaches kids computer coding basics" In My FOX Boston. October 7, 2014.
- "Playgrounds and Playpens: Children as Computer Programmers" In The Eliot-Pearson Department Newsletter. Fall 2014.
- "App teaches kindergarteners basic computer coding" In The News-Herald. October 1, 2014.
- "App Teaches Kindergarteners to Code" Video on Associated Press. October 1, 2014.
- "App teaches kindergarteners basic computer coding" Article in Associated Press. October 1, 2014.
- "Turning Programming Into Child's Play" In The New York Times. September 27, 2014.
- "Making the Grade: Coding for Kids" In New England Cable News. August 26, 2014.
- "Your Five Year Old Can Learn To Code With An iPad App" In Forbes. August 6, 2014.
- "App that teaches kids to code is the future" In Boston Herald. August 1, 2014
- "ScratchJr" In Engage Their Minds Blog. July 31, 2014.
- "Finally, a Way to Teach Coding to the Touchscreen Generation" In WIRED. July 31, 2014.
- "Yes, your preschooler can program too" In Gigaom. July 30,2014
- "MIT Media Lab's ScratchJr debuts iPad app to teach kids how to code" In Boston Business Journal. July 30 , 2014.
- "Robots are Everywhere! Learning About Technology From Robotics" In The Huffington Post Blog. July 9, 2014.
- "Coding in the Playground" In TuftsNow. July 9, 2014
- "Go Play Outside: Are Kids Getting Too Much Screen Time?" In WGBH News. July 7, 2014.
- "Tufts develops coding app for children" In The Tufts Daily. April 10, 2014.
- "Kids' Coding App Co-Created by MIT Media Lab Raises Nearly $48K in 11 days" In BostInno. March 28, 2014.
- "ScratchJr coding-for-kids project hits $25k Kickstarter goal in two days" In The Guardian. March 24, 2014.
- "Projects We Love: ScratchJr Coding for Kids" In Kickstarter Newsletter. March 20, 2014.
- "Exploring Coding in Kindergarten" Blog Post by Teacher at The Children's School in Stamford, CT. March 18, 2014.
- "KinderLab Robotics Awarded SBIR Grant" In Tufts Tech Transfer. January 12, 2014.
- Tufts Parent Magazine Feature on Professor Marina Umaschi Bers December 2012.
- Healey Parent Newsletter October 2012.
- Collaboration with school in NYC. March 23, 2012
- Article in the Tecnologia section of Correio Braziliense, March 12, 2012
- MacArthur Foundation Spotlight on Scratch and ScratchJr January 31, 2012
- Marina Umaschi Bers Podcast: "Out of the Playpen into the Playground: The Design of Digital Experiences for Positive Youth Development" - November 9, 2011
- Tufts Newsletter, Faculty Profile of Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers
- A book review appearing in E-Learning on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' book, Blocks to Robots. pdf
- Featured article in Tufts Journal, about DevTech doctoral student Michael Horn's permanent exhibit, Robot Park at the Museum of Science's Cahners ComputerPlace. (October, 2008). Web link
- Staff post at YPulse! Totally Wired, about the Zora project and how it is bridging constructionism with education (October 24th). Weblink
- Featured article in Boston Globe, about Prof. Ber's and her various projects using Zora (October 22nd). Web link | text-only-pdf | image-scan-pdf
- Featured article in an issue of Dream Magazine, a Children's Hospital Boston Magazine, about our work with Zora at the hospital. pdf
- Featured story in an issue of The Arlington Advocate, Apr 8, 2007, about Early Childhood Robotics in the Dallin School in Arlington, MA. pdf
- Featured coverpage story in an issue of Children's Hospital Newsletter about the Zora @ Children's Hospital Boston project. weblink | pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award and work on El portal educativo del Estado argentino, Argentina (November, 2006). Included on the website is an audio clip of an interview with Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers. weblink | pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award and work in Tufts' Unveristy Information Technologies newsletter pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award and work in Para Ti (September, 2006), an Argentinian magazine pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award in Tufts Journal, an online newsletter pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award in Tufts University Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Services Newsletter pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award in Mass High Tech, the Journal of New England Technology pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award in Tufts University newsletter pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award in El Planeta, the largest Spanish-language newspaper in New England pdf
- Featured article on Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers' Award in Diario La Nacion, Argentina
NewsWant to receive our project news automatically? Sign up for our e-list!
Check out recent news here: DevTech Press _______________________
Designing Digital Experiences for Positive Youth Development: From Playpen to Playground, by Marina Umaschi Bers