Major in Community Health
Summary of Course Requirements for students completing the stand-alone primary major in CH
Community Health (CH) majors are required to complete 12 credits as described below.
Seven (7) Core Courses
CH majors must complete the following seven (7) core course requirements:
- CH 1: Introduction to Community Health
- CH 2: Health Care in America
- CH 30: CH Research Methods (or approved alternative – see link to full Course Requirements sheet)
- CH 31: Intro. Statistics for Health Apps. (or approved alternative – see link to full Course Requirements sheet)
- CH 54 or CEE 154: Fundamentals of Epidemiology/Principles of Epidemiology
- CH 56: Intro. to Global Health (or approved alternative – see link to full Course Requirements sheet)
- CH 180: Internship *
*Students must complete CH 1 and CH 30 prior to the internship.
Open to second semester juniors and to all seniors.
Five Elective Courses (must complete a total of 5 credits)
CH majors are required to select and complete five electives as follows.
See link to full Course Requirements sheet for a list of all electives.
- One mid-level or upper-level CH elective (select from groups #1 or #2)
- One upper-level CH elective (select from group #2)
- Two CH or approved electives in another department or program (select from groups #1-4)
- One upper-level approved elective with a research component (select from group #4)
* Download PDF of Course Requirements for CH Major >
No course submitted for credit in the major can be taken on a pass/fail basis.
All courses submitted for credit in the major must be passed with a C- or better,
with the exception of the internship. The internship (CH 180)
must be passed with a B- or better.