Lectures & Events |
Classics and Teaching
1. Professional Organizations:
2. Employment Resources:
3. State Licensure:
4. Continuing Education:
5. Electronic Materials and Resources for the Classroom:
6. Traditional Resources and Ideas for the Classroom:
7. Special Funding Opportunities for Prospective Latin Educators:
8. A Sample of Texts about Pedagogical Theory, Classroom Management and Developing an Educational Philosophy:
- Anderson, Lorin W. and Krathwohl, David. A taxonomy
for learning, teaching, and assessing : a revision of
Bloom's taxonomy of educational objectives (Longman
2001). LB17 .T29 2001
- Breindel, R. De Discendi Natura: Learning Styles in
the Teaching of Latin (American Classical League 2005).
- Dickey, Eleanor. Learning Latin the Ancient Way
(Cambridge University Press 2016).
- Gardner, Howard. Frames of mind : the theory of
multiple intelligences [with a new introduction by the
author] (BasicBooks 1993).
BF431 .G244 1993
- Gardner, Howard. Five Minds for the Future (The
Harvard Business School Press 2009).
- Gruber-Miller, John. When Dead Tongues Speak:
Teaching Beginning Greek and Latin (American
Philological Association 2006). PA74 .W47 2006
Jones, Fred. Tools for Teaching, 2nd ed. (Fredric H.
Jones & Associates 2007).*
- Joyal, Mark et al., ed. Greek and Roman education:
a sourcebook (Routledge 2009).
LA71 .J69 2009
- LaFleur, Richard A. Latin for the 21st Century
(Scott Foresman 1998).PA2065.U5 L37 1998
- Lemov, Doug. Teach Like a Champion 2.0, 2nd ed.
- Solodow, Joseph B. Latin Alive: The Survival of
Latin in English and the Romance Languages (Cambridge
University Press 2010). PA2057 .S65 2010.
- Too, Yun Lee, ed. Education in Greek and Roman
Antiquity (Brill 2001). LA71 .E38 2001
- Wong, Harry and Rosemary Wong. First Days of School
(Harry K. Wong Publications 2009).*
*Video version available to stream from Tisch Library.
For further information please contact the coordinator of the M.A. in Classics plus Teacher Licensure Program,
Susan E. Setnik
|© 2017 Tufts University | Privacy