Current projects in the lab include:
- Investigating potential roles of error-prone DNA polymerases in DNA
double-strand break repair.
- Determing the genetic components and molecular mechanisms of alternative
end-joining repair pathways.
- Using inducible I-SceI endonuclease and CRISPR-Cas9 systems to determine
the ways that various repair pathways are used in different tissues and
- Identifying the hierarchy of proteins and pathways that repair base
- Determining the relationship between homologous recombination repair and
- Elucidating the relationship between structure-forming DNA sequences,
the proteins that remove them, and how they can induce genome instability.
Watch a video in which three undergraduates describe why they do research and talk about their projects.